My first (and probably last for a good while) lacework project. Will be Christmas gift for partner's mother.
Pattern: Bare Branches by DROPS Design (http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=6208&lang=us)
Yarn: Bolivian Alpaca (given to me from a friend who lives there).
Weight: Sock, Fingering, Baby TO Sport, Baby (Label indicates a US 4 needle)
Pattern called for US 9 needle, but weight of yarn was too light to handle needle size. So, I switched to US 7. Plus, I added another column of pattern to compensate for change in guage.
I'm pleased with the results, but I never realized that lacework required such focus and concentration. I had 5 false starts, then finally got it the sixth time round. Ended up putting waste yarn (lifelines) through live stitches every 8 rows. They saved me on several occasions where I had to frog down to the lifeline and start the section over.
Hats off to those of you who do lacework.