I am currently knitting the Scot Wars Bonnet, a Scottish style cap based on a 17th Century pattern. I really like the simple pattern instructions and I think the bonnet will be great for our clan gatherings. However, one down side of the simple instructions is lack of detail. For instance, you start small and increase to get a big circle, then decrease down to the hat band. The instructions specify "Continue increasing 8 stitches every other row, spreading each progressive increase evenly between the markers."
It doesn't specify what increase to use, so I started with KFB because it's easy. Trouble is, it's kind of noticeable in the plain stocking stitch. Probably won't be a difficulty after it's felted, but I thought it would be nice to have the increases less noticeable. I don't know if they're all that visible in this photo, but if it helps, that's what it looks like right now.
It may be a little hard to see, as the cable of the circs I'm using kind of curls. Started out with dpns, then switched when it started to get crowded on those.
I switched to M1R and that's less visible, but I thought I'd ask the collective wisdom for suggestions on an increase that doesn't show much in the stocking stitch. TIA.