After months and months of work, my Composite Superman Sweater is finally complete!
I got really mired on the color work (which I think is reasonable :D), but thanks to my handy pattern I had built earlier, I was able to just work slowly through it. Once I finished, working on the sleeves and everything else was pretty simple.
The pattern I used was "Avast" from Knitty, with quite a few changes. Namely: I used larger needles, but knit a swatch to make it fit; I didn't use the banding on the bottom, the zipper, or the hemming strategy on the neck. And there was the whole "color" thing that I changed, naturally.
Overall, I think a really solid, fun project. If I were to go back in time, I would probably adjust a lot of little finicky things, mostly changes I made to the pattern as a result of the colorwork I needed and my larger needles. It's a little tight, but since it zips, you can't notice that.
The one thing that will likely bother me about it for awhile is the zipper. Aside from hand-sewing, I have no idea how to sew it in without getting it to buckle a little. But for now, I'm alright with it; the dual-colored zipper was an inspired touch, if I say so myself.
Anyway, just wanted to share!
|Composite Superman Sweater||1.32 MB|