I finished this scarf a couple of weeks ago, but haven't gotten around to getting the pics off my camera card until today. I'd been tossing ideas around in my head for making an intarsia afghan and figured I should start a little smaller first. This was knit with Cascade 128 that had been in my stash for a while on a K1 P1 pattern. I wanted to make the row heights a series of Fibonacci numbers, but my partner (who this is for), didn't like the way it looked on paper. So there are more color changes than planned.
In this pic, the wrong side is on the left so you can see the color changes and the right side is well, on the right. The attached picture shows the wrong side before I started weaving in all the ends. That dreaded task wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Overall I'm pleased with it and the idea for the afghan is still turning around in the dark recesses of my mind and perhaps one day will see the light of day.