So one of my friends is always making these nice little bunny blankets for infants/toddlers. Well a friend of mine is having a baby so I decided to make one.
The pattern calls for 2 different needles, 10.5 and 8.
I know I am a tight knitter, but I started with the 10.5 since gauge didn't matter. Well, after about 20 rows, my head was going to explode, it was just way too tight and I could barely do anything. So I switched to size 11 and that seemed to work much better.
Then I got to a point where I needed to do an entire row of k2tog. With about 2-3 stitches left, I put in my needle to of course a tight stitch, and what happens? The stitch rips!. I spent 10 minutes backing out rows until I get a clean enough row to get my needle back in. It was only about 3 rows so I breathed a good sign of relief. I made every effort to knit as loose as possible so when I got back to my k2tog row I would not have problem. I breeze through that row and do a few more.
I then look at the pattern and guess what, that k2tog row I should have switched to the smaller needles. At this point I was 3 rows in with wrong needles. so I started ripping out rows all over again. I rip and I rip and I just couldn't find a row that I could my needles back into (I'm no good at it). I get so frustrated that I just rip out the whole thing.
So for my weekend, I got nothing done, except maybe a good lesson learned about needle choice and pattern checking!