So I finished a hat I was making today...one of 2 "Turn-a-square" hats by Jared Flood that I was planning on making for my 2 brother in laws. But there's a problem...the hat's too big.
Learned a lesson the hard way I guess...
I used an 8 needle instead of size 7 because I thought I knew the yarn I was using really well (I really do) and the needle size too. I thought I knew the size 8 needles would give me the required 5 stitches an inch... When I measure my gauge (after the fact) just now, I actually ended up with 4.5 or 4.75 stitches in an inch. Ouch!
Now I have the task of making 2 instead of 1 more hat before this Saturday, when my family is gathering. Yay!