or... "Math is HARD!"
I don't know what I did wrong here but the results are certainly entertaining to look at! If Clowns weren't so disturbing...
I was doing a super warm pair of bulky wool socks for winter and, though it didn't look right, since it was my first pair of socks, I decided to sick it out. Clearly I fudged on the calculations! I did TWO gauge swatches so I am clear that part of it was correct. And since the width is perfect... I must have really goofed the subtraction for the length.
I am trying to decide if I am going to tink back to the appropriate length or if I am going to take up the offer of my LYS Guru and finish the sock... then let her rip out the toe and unweave the knitting... then re-do the toe. Since it is my first pair of socks I would not feel back ripping it back the doing the gusset and heel stitches again. It will be good practice.