Calling all photogenic camera hams... Yes, you, with the shirtless profile pic! I'm talking to you!
We've joked about creating a MWK calendar over the last couple of years and, given that there are a few others on the scene, I think now is a good time to act on it! It's also going to be a charity project and we'll be donating most of the profits to a group or organization that we select as a group.
It's a easy project with wide appeal and there's great opportunity to help raise some money for a good cause. Now, given that this is for charity, we need to raise some big bucks! Here are some ideas on how to do that:
- find a printer willing to donate services in exchange for gratuitous advertising
- persuade local yarn stores to stock them
- create some ad units for print and online advertising
- outreach to knitting publications and podcasts to aid in promotion
- excellent photos of legitimate male knitters (no hotties who can't purl!)
- each of us commit to selling a certain number of calendars
The use of "hottie" was purely intended for comedic value, I assure you. You don't have to be beautiful, but you must be in an interesting, well-composed, knitting-themed photograph. Use your artist's eye... This could get on Oprah!
Everyone can help! Re-read that list above and think about what you can do to make this project a success. How can we raise $10,000?
If you're interested in being a MWK Calendar Guy or wish to help out with the planning and execution of what's sure to be a fun, meaningful project – raise your hand and say it!