When I started knitting, I went really crazy over yarn having none. If it was on sale, I bought it. At first I picked up alot of novelty yarn, but realized I needed some staples and paid full price for a few non-novelty yarns, one skein was this multicolored wool. I asked my daughter to pick out a novelty yarn, and I would make something from it, and several months later, I did. Using wool of the same colors as the novelty yarn, I knitted this in on piece with no break in the yarn. I knew it would have to be bigger because I was going to felt it, and it took on a life of it's own. It was supposed to be a cigarette pack holder; but when I bound off for the flap (where the ears ended up) I thought the back was high enough and large enough to fold over the whole bag, but it refused, I was wrong and instead the flap looked like ears, so I went with the flow and modified the end of the flap to look like the cat's mouth, and a handle and a nose later it looked like this, after felting. The nose, of course, is a separate black ribbon yarn knitted triangle and stitched on, the clasp is magnetic. As it is one piece, I had to do some fancy in the round temporary stitch holding, with knitted cast increases and picking up stitches after I made the I cord loop for the flap, and again for the handle. I finished with the I-cord handle and picked up three loops on the body and did a two needle bind-off for the final attachment. I didn't write down the pattern and am sad about that because the second one I made didn't look anything like it.