I finished it and it turned out ok, given the fact that half way through knitting half of the back, i realised i was knitting a smaller size.
so the front is a bigger size and it turned out ok.
It was the first time knitting something from a pattern. I used to doing simple scarves so it was a learning experience and had a HELL of a lot of help with translating the pattern.
I did have a lot of problems with using circular needles. I dont know if it was just my needles, but i spend most of my time pulling each stitch onto the actual needle bit one by one. Even when i knitted really loosely it was still a battle. I dont think im going to try using them again.
so i ended up knitting the neckband with normal needles in three parts.
It all turned out well considering.
The photo makes it look like a bit of a mangey thing.