I just finished the MMario's Faux Spanish Lace Shawl for Paul's (PaxKnitter) Mother. I certainly did not get it done in time to give it to her in person when we visited Nashville last month... but it is done!
The fiber is Koigu 100% Merino Wool (50g/175yds/160m) in color/dye lot P72211 (I call it "Speckled Robin's Egg") and I used four hanks. Knitted using the new Size US7 Addi Turbo Lace needles that Paul gifted me when I started the project...Thank You, Paul!! Another "Paul Present" that I got to use on this project are the knit & lace blocking wires. I used them like glorified knitting needles, picking up stitches along the edges and then laying out and pinning the project to open up the lace pattern. Tedius, but I am very happy with the results. Much more even than straight pinning alone.
I had figured out that one inch of unblocked knitting would block out to approximately 1-1/2 inches so I measured the shawl accordingly. The finished size is about 76" wide by 39" in length.
It's on the blocking table now and should be ready to ship by morning! Pictures attached fresh off the needles and being blocked.
Thanks, again, MMario for sharing this pattern.
|Faux Spanish Lace Not Blocked.jpg||263.51 KB|
|Faux Spanish Lace Blocking.jpg||246.18 KB|
|Faux Spanish Lace Blocking Wires.jpg||247.5 KB|
|Faux Spanish Lace Blocking Detail.jpg||302.84 KB|