I've switched out one of the gussets on dad's: the first ones I did were too large, but I've discovered that they make great holders for a set of doublepointed needles: The look like skate egg cases (skate, like a small manta ray, not like a "I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key....") So, I have one new gusset to make and sew in (about 1/2 hour to do).
All body pieces are sewn on, I've put on the cuffs (Encore Colorspun in Marine~blue-green-purple). I'm putting on the bottom ribbing today AND the collar ribbing as well, will foldback and stitch downt the zipper edge hem, and backstitch in the zip, wash and block, and call it done. HOORAY! Pictures to follow soon. It looks good, it feels fantastic, and I'm downright chuffed!