It took me the last 7 weeks to knit this jersey and I'm here to tell you that knitting it was nothing compared to trying to get a good photograph of it! The cable stitch presented lighting challanges that an amateur like me just couldn't overcome. So, I decided to attach another picture which is dark but shows the cable stitch well. This jersey was knitted in Naturally "Tussock", a NZ wool. I originally did it in gray last winter (see the second attachment and note that my friend model is 6'4" tall so the sleeves are too short for him) and thought that it would be great in red. This jersey weighs in at 3# and should provide lots of warmth (or at least weight) this winter. I do not like seams in a collar and try to avoid them so I knitted the collar in the round on 16"circulars. That was very difficult considering the short needles and the 3# hanging from them. I won't make that mistake again. I finished knitting the gray version last winter just in time for the warm spring weather so I only was able to wear it twice. I've since decided to knit my jerseys in the summer so I can actually wear them in the winter.
I no sooner had the last tail sewn in when my naked knitting needles started screaming at me so I was off to the wool store for the wool for my next project. I started it last night; it's made from wonderful alpaca wool which is so much nicer to the touch than Tussock which, by the way, I don't recommend except for the look.