Well, I just finished my daughter's Christmas present today! And, what an amazing feat. First of all it took about 500 more yards of yarn that the pattern said. Which was making me think I was making it VERY wrong. Then, the pattern didn't tell me which sides to sew up (other than one seam along the back which was obviously not quite enough). So, after getting it all put together it was to be "slightly" felted. Being clever and all, I called my daughter over to the house to try it on. She is 27 and majored in theater arts - with a minor in costuming, you'd think figuring out how to wear this would be a cinch for her. But it took us about a half an hour to figure out how it was to be worn. It seems we kept putting it on her upside down. So, once we figured that out off to be VERY SLIGHTLY felted it went - obviously an error in the pattern about the amount of yarn. The next time she's here I'll have her put model it so ya'll can see what it looks like. Actually, it's quite funky and fun looking....assuming it's on right side up now.
|and when it's this cold in Colorado!||21.78 KB|
|the back||39.83 KB|