...but more of spinning:
Started: 02nd October 2007
Finished: 100 g, spun in single on 02nd October 2007
Yardage: approx. 150 m
WPI: approx. 9-11 WPI
Fibre: Wolle Roedel "Filzwolle", Colour: Green-Brown, 100% wool
Spindle: Ashford Classic Drop-Spindle (low-whorl)
Okay...yeah, there still is some knitting going on:
...and some serious fixing:
Start: 23rd September 2007, frogged and restarted 03rd October 2007
Yarn: Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Sockenwolle, colourway "Bob"
Needle: 2.5 mm / 80 cm Addi Turbos
Pattern: Firestarter by Yarnissima via The Loopy Ewe
Last Friday, when I was knitting the Firestarter, I was in denial. I noticed that something was wrong....but kept knitting. Two rows further, I saw that I twisted the middle cable too early. I told myself that I could live with it. Seven rows further, I decided that I could not and put it away for a while.
This evening I thought that I would be able to fix it by just dropping down the cable stitches and knit them back up again....
....yeah, not fun at all. I picked up about two rows and gave up on it. The combination of braiding/cabling with the twisted stitches aren't the easiest to fix...especially not with a circular dangling down and trying to knit with two DPNs in a very confined space with small strands of yarns going everywhere.
I ended up just pulling out all the needles and frogged back...and painfully picked up and knit all the stitches again.
But alas, I picked up the stitches wrong again. And this time I decided that I definitely can live with it. Because I know that if I have to rip this back again, the sock will definitely be sent into the same pile my Vinnland's living in right now.
Just for an FYI, I frogged this sock totally once already and re-knit the whole thing. So, this is my second time knitting it up.
And more spinning:
Turkish cross spindle from Anettes Wollwerkstatt.
Brown merino batt, 19.5 micron from the same place.