Hello Men! I hope you've been having a good weekend. I am, and part of
reason for that is that I found the time to finish what I've been working on.
This is a Nautilidae
(Nautilus) from a pattern by Hansi Singh. She
been designing for some time, having taken some time away to go back to
school. So I was really excited to see that she had posted a new pattern on
Ravelry a few months ago and downloaded as soon as I found it.
Having made her octopus pattern in the past, as well as her hermit crab,
lot of the design elements were familiar such as the tentacles and shell.
This definitely made things easier. Though not a difficult creature to make,
he was complex and took some attention to detail.
Above is a pic of the shell in progress. Both sides have been knitted
are connected on the bottom/inside edge. The outside/top edge is in the
process of being kitchener stitched together. There were 132 stitches on each
side of the shell which was the longest run of stitches I've ever
This is a shot of the tentacles, all knit but not yet sewn together.
they were sewn, pipe cleaners were inserted to allow them to be curled and
And the final pic is of the eye assembly. I loved the construction of
It is knitted flat, shaped with short rows and then kitchenered together.
Then stitches are picked up around the round ends and decreased into the
center of the eye. A brilliant bit of design.
Hope everyone is staying warm. Sounds like they're calling for more
weather and snow in the NE. Brrr!