I have been looking at this design for a long time, and because it is so unusually shaped, I had to try it.
I have a lot of yarn on cones, and chose this green to use for this shawl. The yarn is very fine, so I used it double. I think it has some wool content, but I don't have the label anymore. It blocked very nicely.
This starts out with 6 stitches, and then you increase on one side only, and finally pick up along that straight edge to do the border along the two sides. The pattern comes from a German site: http://tinyurl.com/o5c7al9. She also sells yarn that is appropriate for her designs (of course), and I think using one of the shaded yarns may have been better. It gets boring knitting with the solid colour! I also added a few more rows to the main body since it appeared it was going to be quite small with the finer yarn and smaller needles. It is a generous size right now, and even on a petite girl at work, it looks good. There are several different ways to wear it.
It was fun to knit, went very quickly (at first) but those last rows of lace took several movies to complete! (I was watching a lot of movies while knitting this one) I now have ideas for other projects similarly designed; I like this asymmetric look.
Attached is a pic of it drying on my "blocking wall" along with a detail of one edge.