I just finished a lighter weight 2x2 rib scarf that I am sending off to the AIDS house in San Francisco. It ended up being 60" long and 5" wide. This project was actually a study project for me. I always get my 2x2 ribs all screwed up, so I made it a point to get these correct. I used acrylic because I felt it was more durable and able to handle unknitting at times. I'm getting good at ripping out stitches, picking them up, straightening them out, and then starting all over again. There are a few stitches that are in error, but I didn't notice them until I was long past them. I'd love to find a way to drop a stitch several rows above the error, then unstitch, fix the misstitch, then tidy things back up. I have seen videos of it, but not sure I have the guts to try it on a project that matters. Even though this one was largely just to get some more consistency in stitch tension, the more I got into it, the more it did matter because it was going to go to a kid in San Francisco who could really use it.
My next project will be a black cowl scarf. I'll make it out of beautiful yarn made of 55% superfine alpaca, 23% silk, 22% merino wool. Worsted weight. I bought it at Knit Picks and it's called Andean Silk. I'll post some pics when I finish it.
This time, enjoy the photo of the blue 2x2 rib scarf.
|Rib Stitch 2x2 blue scarf small.jpg||124.66 KB|