My fascination with lace, in particular doilies, continues. Since, I want to know how things work and why, I have been knitting the centers of various doily patterns over the last few weeks. After making several coaster sized bits of lace, I decided to try my hand at making my own pattern.
I started with a simple spiral, nothing overly complicated. My thinking was that when it got around row 40 I would add in some nice new lacy bits. Well by row 19, I was bored to tears. I changed things up by stopping my K2togs at the end of my motif and adding a SSK to the front end. Here is my first ever knitting design. It's just the center part. I haven't figured out what I want to add next. Actually, I'm thinking about stopping here and seeing if I can jazz up this pattern. Anyway, for my first design attempt, I'm pretty happy.