I finally finished knitting and blocking my first lace project, which was homework for one of the workshops I took at the MSKR last weekend. The first pic is not a picture of a lace trampoline, but shows the technique we learned how to block lace using PVC, rubber bands, paper clips and a nylon thread going through the points.
And then here's the doily off the frame after blocking.
The yarn is from School Products and is the Provence Lace Merino in one of the blues. They weren't really labeled in the store when I bought it so I'm not sure, but it's a light blue. The yarn itself feels a little rough until it gets wet. Now it's nice and soft.
This was a good starter piece, it was fun watching the design emerge as it came off the needles. I do wish I had thought of adding a life line occasionally to make ripping out the mistakes much faster. Oh, the lessons we learn...