Changes to KAL boxers

hsfg's picture

Moving right along with the boxers.....I changed the construction method . I cast on 100 sts and worked for 8.6". I "provisionally" cast on the sts worked for 8.6" and put the last row on waste yarn. The back panel is done ! Hence, I do not need to do the pickup thing. I am working in solid color so the leg seam is not a visual distortion... Sofar, that is the only change. Ha, ...it is working just fine ! When the instructions said to cast on 56 sts ( at the sug gauge = 8.6") instead of the suggested 8" ( shown on diagram.....) That is I came up to the 8.6" .
hsfg

Comments

Joe Moore's picture

I've already started mine

I've already started mine and I'm a little over halfway to the 15". This sounds like a great idea, but I'm already committed now.

PaulJMC's picture

whew...see, the advantage of

whew...see, the advantage of a late start. I get to learn from the wisdom of others. thanks Steve

Paul

DeceptiveCookie's picture

Man... Steve I wish I had

Man... Steve I wish I had thought of this! The closer I've gotten to 15" on the back panel, I've been trying to figure out how to distribute the picked up stitches on the number of rows... but working it this way comes out to pretty much the same guage!

Now i'm thinking of frogging and doing it this way...