I have been working on this charcoal sweater on and off for the past six months. First collar on it was a V-Neck that matched the ribbing at the cuffs and waist. I thought the V was too deep and the collar had no substance, so I ripped that out and tried to do a fatigue collar with button holes, keeping with the scarlet V trim but doing the fatigue placket in charcoal. That proved to be too intense--I was three quarters of the way through it and I realized I did not know where I was going.
This is the third attempt. I am filling in the V-neck opening with a pearl gray, single rib on a size 4 needle. The body of the sweater was knit with size 8. I plan on continuing up with the pearl gray to create a split mock turtle collar. So far so good. Everything else about the sweater I like. Maybe this time when I finish it I will even consider wearing it--in public even!
This is the last WIP I plan to finish before I begin my new project: a seed stitch V-neck in forest green heather.
|Charcoal in process.JPG||957.63 KB|