I had fun knitting this top down raglan. No charts or pre-planning...just "composed" as I knit. The yarn is KnitPicks "Chroma" that I bought last year during their half price blow-out sale. The raglan yoke and body took three days to knit, each sleeve took one day....five days of fun!
This mommoth statue in the Yukon is even more wooly after yarn bombing !
I have been test knitting sock yarn for Ellen at Fiber Curio and Sundries.com Here is their latest offering: a wonderful 80% Cheviot, 20% mohair fingering that I knit into a pair of basic top down socks, with a partridge eye heel flap and round toe. The yarn is crisp and lustrous, a natural dark charcoal. It makes a very sturdy, manly sock that can be machine washed and wears well.
These feather & fan top socks are knit from Dragonfly Fibers 100% Superwash Merino, colorway: Winter Woods. Based on this free Ravelry pattern:
These are "jaywalker" socks....a FREE pattern by Grumperina on Ravelry. They were knit on one 12" Addi circular needle, Size 2.5 mm,and DP's for heel and toe. This is a fun top-down pattern that adds an extra dimension to random dyed yarn.l
I designed and knit this cardigan in 1984 when Noro yarns "Kureyon" first came onto the market and the designs of Kaffe Fassett were wowing us all. Instead of using a gazillion yarns of many shades, as Kaffe did, I decided that this one yarn could create that rich effect in a much simpler way!
Here is a top-down raglan knit in Noro "Kureyon". This is a good way to use self-striping yarns, as there is no matching of color bands necessary and it has a balanced final look.
I am in total awe of this piece of knitting. It was made my German/Swiss grandmother's sister in the 1930's. What is amazing is the size of the thread.....it is probably finer than size 40 crochet cotton.
I don't think that my hands or eyes would ever be capable of attempting this !
This is a fair isle pullover that I designed and knit from Jamieson & Smith's Shetland on US#4 needles. I used about 30 different colors throughout, but only two at a time per round. Neck and armholes were secured and cut in the traditional method. All the color changes really kept my interest, so I finished it in week!