I knitted up the second Arne and Carlos sock yarn for myself. Also knitted two pairs of socks for my sisters as birthday gifts. I used 2.25 mm needles for all three pairs. 68 stitches for my socks and 60 for those of my sisters. I had some Briggs and Little sport left over from other projects and knitted up a blanket.
I am a real fan of Arne and Carlos from Norway. So when they designed six different sock yarns for Regia, I had to buy them. I knit up the first pair and am very pleased with the pattern and with the yarn itself. 2.25 mm needles.
I had 9 balls of beige in Jamieson and Smith 4 ply Jumper Shetland Wool and dug out out 9 other balls of different colours. I used lovat, mustard, silver, periwinkle, sand, live lobster, spring green, oatmeal, and grape. I kept them in that order with a row of beige every other row. I knitted it with 3.25 mm needles. It is nice and warm and will be great in the autumn.
I have some Madelinetosh and some Jamieson and Smith Shetland, both lace weight, that I want to use to make a shawl. The Madelinetosh is a reddish burgundy colour and when I used it before, the colour came out and ruined a bedspread when I blocked it. I certainly don't want it to run into the grey Shetland wool. Is there something I can do to set the colour before washing it?
Just finished a sweater that I had been working on for a couple of months. The pattern is a mosaic one in which slipped stitches are used to create an effect. Only one colour is used in each row. I used Jamieson and Smith jumper weight Shetland wool and 3.25 needles. I used an applied I-cord for the neck opening.
I finished up a couple of sweaters using left over yarn from other projects. Jamieson and Smith Shetland wool and 3.25 mm needles. I used a top down pattern that I have developed over the years.
I bought Arne and Carlos's new book "Norwegian Knits with a Twist" and really liked the wrist warmers. The pattern called for a dk weight which I couldn't find but did find some suitable Jamieson Smith Shetland in 4 ply jumper weight. I had to swatch and do a bit of math to achieve the correct size. They were a fun knit.
I had to do the neck to finish this and accomplished that this morning. Little Ben will be two in January. I used a pattern that I made up myself that is roughly based on EZ's percentage system. DK acrylic (that I bought here in Mexico) and 4mm needles.
Just finished up three pairs of socks that I will give to my brother and sisters for their birthdays. I lost the label for the sock on the left, the middle one is Opal, and the one on the right is Zauberball. I used my mother's recipe with 2.25mm needles.
My sister-in-law steered me to this hat on ravelry. The pattern is free. It is definitely the warmest hat I have ever worn - it covers the whole ear and hugs your head. Easy and fast knit. I used Paton's Classic Wool.