Archive - 2013 - Forum topic

August 5th

About dresses

Anyone know the material of dresses?
they are not knit.
like the dress ,Cotton? Fiber? Chemical fiber?how to see it?
Cotton? Fiber? Chemical fiber?

July 23rd

lap afghans for older parents

I thought I'd try my first knitted Christmas presents - one lap afghan each for my Mom and Dad. Never having done anything this large before, there are questions. As a beginner, I also want to stay inside a comfort or "safety" zone.

July 3rd

RBrereton's picture

Questions for a survey

Hello all,

June 26th

michaelpthompson's picture

FO: Fingerless gloves for my dad

Just finished these gloves for my dad's birthday. Actually, 15 minutes before the Post Office closed, so I was able to get them in just in time to arrive Friday, upon which day he will be 79.

June 24th

drewbrake's picture

S1pwise Help

Could someone help me with a technique issue.
I am knitting a Matthew Scarf and every w/s row starts with a s1pwise. My problem is if I make a mistake and have to unpick my stitches and reknit the s1pwise, I end up with a big ugly loop of yarn at the beginning of the row. I have tried twisting the s1pwis stitch before I reknit the s1pwise, but it is noticeable. Any help would be appreciated.

May 31st

Fair Isle and stitch counts for various patterns

Hi Everyone,
I'm basically a beginner to knitting but am really enjoying it. One of my issues with any craft is to find a way of making practical things, not just pretty things that will sit on a dresser or hang on a wall.

May 8th

michaelpthompson's picture

FO: Welsh Tea Cozy

I made a tea cozy for my mom for Mother's Day. It's not quite what I intended, but I think she'll like it.

April 28th

Bill's picture

Knitted boyfriend

This is fun!
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/news/dutch-knitted-boyfriend

April 9th

Tbrittonb's picture

Knitting Retreat May 10-12 NE Georgia

In The Woods Campground, 142 Casey Court, Canon, GA 30520.

We are offering five workshops: Fair Isle, Cables with-out a Cable Needle, Orenburg Lace, Brioche and Reversible Two-Color, Two-Pattern Knitting.

February 25th

romstore's picture

Large size Mittens, Fingerless Gloves, Socks

Hello all,