Archive - 2011 - Forum topic

September 25th

New York Built's picture

Custom Knits 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Wendy Bernard, for living up to her promise!

The opening section of her new book Custom Knits 2 clearly offering a welcome acknowledgement that ANY garment design can be adapted to a man, woman or child, AND OFFERING guidance how to make the changes marks her as an American Cultural Treasure!

September 5th

Tallguy's picture

Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival

The Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival is this next weekend - September 9 - 11! Three days of fiber, sheep, herding dogs, food, classes, auctions, demonstrations, the state "Make It Yourself with Wool" competition.

August 26th

men who knit in uk meet up

im new here , so hi everyone .
i was just wondering if there are ever any events where the uk members here ever meet up to discuss ideas , pass on tips , or just have a laugh
regards
russ

August 24th

michaelpthompson's picture

FO: Irish summer shawl

This was a quick knit

August 23rd

KeegsInSF's picture

San Francisco Men's Knitting Group?

I saw a post on here from a long time ago. I'm new to SF and am looking for a men's knitting group. Are there any men who knit in SF? Where do you guys meet? Surely I'm not alone!!

August 21st

JRob's picture

Knit Alongs

I am really thankful for the weekly knitting group I attend. The ladies have made me feel really welcomed and I've learned so much from them. I am the only male that attends and they have been both gracious and extremely helpful.

August 20th

drewbrake's picture

Men' Shawl or Stole

Does anyone know or have a pattern for a rectangular stole or wrap for a man (me)
Am only a fairly basic knitter, but just starting the Asherton Scarf

August 18th

tamays's picture

I just joined the Mile High Club!!!

Well, for knitters. I worked on a new scarf and a totally new pattern I created while flying to Chicago.

Enjoy.

Here's the pattern...
Working a Worsted weight yarn on US #7 needles

Cast on 30 stitches

Row 1: (Right Side) P4, K3,P1,K6, P2, K6, P1, K3, P4.
Row 2: (Wrong Side) P7, K1, P6, K2, P6, K1, P7.
Row 3: P2Tog, P2, K2, YO, K1, P1,K6, P2, K6, P1, K1, YO, K2, P2, P2Tog

August 16th

Darrel's picture

Update: Site Maintenance

UPDATE - I'm done for the day, but more updates will be happening through the week. Here are the known issues:
- Image Galleries are currently disabled, though can you still attach images to your posts.
- Private Messages are in the database, but not being displayed. I'm working on it!
- Some areas of look/feel are still in flux, but most should be subtle.

Please reply to this thread if you notice anything else that's broken and I'll take a look. Thanks for your patience and please let me know if I can be of any help!

July 19th

sveech's picture

help? maybe?

since i started knitting about 2 years ago i have knitted dozens of hats, scarves, potholders - but i have yet to do the one project i really want to - a sweater.