Archive - Jan 2009 - Forum topic

Date
Type

January 30th

solomondre's picture

Holding it together

I've embarked upon a fascinating and difficult project, perhaps a little out of my league. But how else do we learn?

January 29th

Bill's picture

Guy Sweater?

just playing with photoshop...

January 26th

knit_knot_eat's picture

convert a cable pattern for circular?

I have a cable pattern that I have tried and I really like it. It a pattern for straight needles and has both purl and knit stitches on both sides.

January 24th

PhilNmtl's picture

Switching from English to Continental

With repetetive motion injury always peeking over my shoulder I have decided that I shoud learn to knit Continental as well.

January 23rd

New Project pattern suggestions

Hi Guys,

I'm about to finish my first scarf and my first hat.
I'm looking forward to my next challenge. I'm a total beginner, but I like challenging and interesting patterns.

January 22nd

gregory's picture

Yarn in Salzburg, Austria?

Hey everyone.

I will be going to Salzburg, Austria for 3 weeks in February. Anyone know of any good yarn shops there or other knitting sites I should see? I tried google'ing but nothing came up.

decreasing question

I'm doing the fisherman's hat from the book "Knitting with Balls" (knitting for men)
I'm supposed to start decreasing, assuming that I have 72 cast-on stitches in a certain pattern

January 20th

Snow!

Just thought I'd share my excitement... it doesn't snow much in Raleigh, North Carolina! Oh boy... now I have a GOOD excuse to wear my knitted goodies!

January 16th

Pattern question.

Hi all, I've been plugging along on a sweater for my little girl, and am a bit confused about the sleeves bit..

Inc row

January 14th

knit_knot_eat's picture

Help understanding a pattern

I have some questions about this pattern
http://www.creativeknittingmagazine.com/swatchthis.php?id=1