Archive - Sep 2008 - Forum topic

Date
Type

September 30th

asgalbraith's picture

Medallion Mitts Pattern From Knitting with Balls

I am working on the Medallion Mitts from the Knitting with Balls book. I finished the first mitt and the cable pattern is all twisted around the entire length of the mitt.

asgalbraith's picture

Medallion Mitts Pattern Chart Help

I am working on the Medallion Mitts from the Knitting with Balls book. I finished the first mitt and the cable pattern is all twisted around the entire length of the mitt.

September 21st

AndrewNiehus's picture

Weave in ends?

I am so confused. I had a website that showed me the proper way to weave in the ends to finish a hat...and I lost it somewhere.

September 18th

geneboucher's picture

Any Knitting Groups in San Francisco

Hey guys,

New here and thought I would start off with an inquiry about knitting groups. Does anyone know of a knitting group, or belong to a knitting group in the San Francisco Bay Area?

WonderMike's picture

Men's Fall Knitting Retreat - Class Listing (Final Post on MWK)

Men's Fall Knitting Retreat 2008 - CLASSES AND INTEREST UPDATE

Hallo Everybody,

Here’s the list of classes/demos on offer and the respondents so far:

Classes (Teachers) - Interested

September 15th

AndrewNiehus's picture

Well Hello There All

Thought I would say hello to everyone, I have been reading MWK for about six months now and thought it was about time I actually joined the community.

Jason1978's picture

I love 'things' being stiff and rigid....

But this is ridiculous, I know I suck at cable knitting, but this is just wrong, I've been practising cables by knitting the 'Irish Hikingscarf' but what I end up with is something so tightly knit, an

September 13th

I am very afraid

I got my invitation to Ravelry today.

I am 99% sure that I found out about the site from folks here.

September 12th

Yarn Dyeing

I was searching on Amazon for a book on natural dyeing. Does anyone dye yarn and do you have a favorite book? This is not something I plan on doing right now but thought I would read up.

September 11th

Jason1978's picture

help needed....urgently, so that means NOW!

I've been set a challenge by a friend yesterday evening, she poored out the contents of her bag, which contained some ghastly wool and angora in awfull colours, and now she expects me to knit somethin