Archive - Nov 2008 - Forum topic

November 15th

Britisher's picture

Black Hills - An undyed New Zealand yarn

I bought enough of this yarn in a shade called Waikari yarn to make a pullover for myself. It’s a lovely marled yarn in natural shades of white and dark brown.

just finished my first project a scarf Ideas for next project

I am interested in perfecting my technique. I have knit and pearl down well. What project could I do with these basic stitches?

November 14th

knit_knot_eat's picture

I'm torn, need help

I know that 'knotaproblem' just asked a similar question, but what people say for him might not be the same for me, so here it goes.

November 12th

knotaproblem's picture

What next?

A couple of question from a novice knitter....

knit_knot_eat's picture

ball vs skein?

I have a pattern that calls for 4 balls of yarn. Is this the same as a skein? I thought things came in different amounts so you need to get the right amount by either weight (ounces) or yards.

November 11th

Darrel's picture

swifts and ball winders

Are there good and bad ball winders and swifts out there or are they pretty much equal?

November 10th

knit_knot_eat's picture

Help with Pattern instructions

Ok, so maybe I'm crazy, who cares. The only way to learn and get better is to challenge myself right?

November 9th

Kenny's picture

Post MSKR

Hey all,

I just thought I start the thread of the post-MSKR!

Thank you so much everyone for tolerating such a sickly Kenny (the way john says it)………

Who, and where, is mmario?

I would like to know who this important designer is, and where all his designs are published for a collector.

November 7th

knit_knot_eat's picture

would this work?

So I am making my son a hat, and now my 3 year old daughter has asked for one (of course) But she has a TON of hair and wears huge pony tails etc, and a hat would pretty much be useless for her.