Archive - Jan 2008 - Forum topic

Completely off topic, but...

I appolagize for the off topic-ness(?) of this post, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought of this. I recently opened up a Music MySpace account, and was able to post some of my stuff!

January 30th

Has anyone used this stuff?

So, a friend of mine in NYC asked if I would knit him a scarf, provided that he send me the yarn, AND compensate me. I mean, who could say no?

January 29th

Tallguy's picture

Beaded Scarf

Late last fall, I took a class in beaded knitting through the knitting guild. I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but not having the beads, and not knowing what pattern to use...

beardnpipe's picture

need a pattern for a top down sweater on circular needles

not a frequent poster here but have chatted with a few of you about my sweater fears. Decided to bite the bullet and try one, need a pattern. Anyone have a pattern or a link to a website?

January 25th

scottly's picture

Interesting discovery - but is it moral?

My partner has always claimed that he can't wear wool - like so many people I know. So making him stuff is always a bit problematic as that I don't like petroleum based yarn.

scottly's picture

Frustration with different technique

During a recent trip to the LYS I was discussing a problem that I was having with a certain stitch (can't remember which one) and Rachel (my knitting ninja) told me to show her how I knit so I did a q

January 24th

Asbjörn's picture

Crochet Hook Sizes

I want to get a nice looking crochet hook for picking up dropped stitches etc.

January 23rd

scottly's picture

Lamb's Pride

Every time I'm in my LYS I have to pick up a couple of skeins of this stuff. I love to work with it and ribbing just pops out like crazy.

scottly's picture

FOLK BOOKS

Has anyone checked out this series of books? I love to do this kind of stuff but are these worth the $21. a piece? If so I'd like to have most of them.

January 22nd

scottly's picture

Front & Back of stitch???????

This is one of the things that completly confuses me when trying to learn a new stitch. When the directions say front or back of stitch what do they mean?