Archive - Nov 2007 - Forum topic

November 30th

Asbjörn's picture

Nice Thread/Yarn Cutter

My friend called me the other day and wanted to see if I would go to A.C. Moore with her (I think it's an East Coast US thing).

November 28th

Etsy, anyone?

I mentioned it before, but I found this site called Etsy.com...it's pretty cool!

November 27th

MMario's picture

Welcome All!

WOW! Lately it seems like every time I sign on there are a couple of new people on the forum. Seems like only yesterday we were in awe that membership had topped 500.

November 26th

Do you like Alpaca?

I started MMarios FSL shawl yesterday using some Lions Brand laying around. 30% Alpaca, 30% wool, 40 acrylic.

November 24th

Asbjörn's picture

Lack of LYS

I have a severe lack of an LYS, we don't even have a craft store.

J'ai Fini! - Le Prayer/Healing Shawl

Finally gotterdone. Chevron Seed, crocheted border (well, at least my version of crochet). I am gonna do some minor blocking before shipping it out.

November 23rd

BuduR's picture

Color Me Confused

I'm looking over a sweater pattern that I'm considering (yeah I need another WIP like I need another hole in the head) And it says to do the stockinette stitch for 6 rows and then do a k2 p2 ribbin

November 21st

Asbjörn's picture

Casting on Woes

Sorry if this subject is a dead horse but I'm pretty new to knitting and casting on is such a trouble point for me. I was wondering what is your favorite method of casting on.

subtletie's picture

help knitting a scarf for one of my guy friends

Christmas is getting closer and this year and I want to knit my friend Michael a scarf, exept I have no idea of what patern to use, I have light blue yarn if anyone can sugest paterns teh y would be v

November 20th

Durham Knitting Charity

Hey, one of my little fiber groups here in town is starting a project, and if anyone is hankering to use up a hank, check out this e-mail!