Archive - Jan 7, 2007 - Forum topic

Date
Type

Gabriel's picture

Intarsia anyone??

Heya guys,

Long time no subject matter. The holidays were crazy and it has been a long time since I have really said much....but I've been keeping my eye on you all!

I have a question....I am starting a new project for my Godmother and she is a "bright" person...she has chosen a vest that is a multi colored intarsia and fair isle piece (very different from my charcoal grey and chocolate colored everything). I am only about a quarter of the way through and the tangling is a little...welll.....irritating! Any adivce on ways to manage this. Do you guys use bobbins, just let the fiber hang straight (no pun intended), or tie butterfly bundles....or what? I just thought I would check. Hope this New Year brings you all everything you desire! I'll try to be better at checking in!!!

potterdc's picture

Sock Directions

Hi Guys,

Stumbled across this set of sock directions while I was surfing the web the other day, entitled "Socks Knitted For and By a Guy" and posted to woolworks.com in 1996. I wasn't following these directions, but I did find them very helpful as I worked through the pair I was knitting and thought they might be helpful to others.

http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/guysox.txt

Jonathan in DC