Archive - 2006 - Forum topic

August 10th

zip up vest

Hi guys I want to make a zip up vest for myself. I have found a few patterns around but nothing that I really like.

Two of them have called for a gauge that is about 2 stitches to the inch. I don't really want something made with bulky yarn. 

I was wondering if any of the guys on this site have made any vests with zippers and if so if they could share pictures or pattern sources.

Thanks

bendbarr 

Real Men Knit video

August 8th

teddy bear pattern

does anyone have or know were i can get a simple teddy bear pattern?

MMario's picture

Two Easy lace shawls

I call this my "Un-Vention" shawl - the lace pattern is adapted from a filler stitch on a traditional lace stitch that goes by multiple names. It makes a lace that is virtually "little leaf lace" - but GROWS at a constant rate.

I tend to think of this a a single pattern with two ways of constructing it - but various friends insist that it is really two patterns. so here they are:

Un-Vention Shawl - tip up

Cast on 1.
1) K,yO,K into single stitch
2 and all even rows -purl
3) K, [k,yO,K into single stitch], k
5) k2, [k,yo,k into single stitch], k2
7) k3, yo, k1, yo, k3
9) k3, yo, k until 3 stitches remain, yo, k3

August 6th

back seam

I am currently working on a teddy bear and it says to sew in the back seam but I have no idea what this means. so if anyone knows what it means please comment back or leave me a message.  

August 5th

Have any of you used recycled Sari silk?

I have some & am knitting up swatches & it does not feel as smooth as I anticipated. I like the slubbiness of it.

Thanks for your input as always.

Martin 

August 4th

Patterns for mature men

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering where do you fellow mature guys go for patterns for yourselves? So many of the popular magazines tend to cater to the younger guys. All well & good but...........

Do you adapt patterns?

Look for vintage designs?

Create your own?

I'm at the stage where I'm about ready to knit for myself & not thrilled at the choice out there. Yes I did the course at F.I.T. but I am interested to hear what you guys have to say.

A lot of us knit for other folk. Family, friends or charity, not that many of us seem to knit for ourselves. Is there a reason for that? 

skogknits's picture

woolwash

do any of you have a preference between kookaburra woolwash and eucalan woolwash? i am looking to give submersion blocking a try and was wondering if one product yielded better results over the other.

Baseball and Knitting??

Baseball and Knitting??
Come to knit and watch a baseball game!
We want more men at these events!

Go to www.StitchNPitch.com for more information and to buy tickets!

August 2nd

Project Runway

How can we encourage the show to include knitted items?