Archive - Aug 2, 2006 - Forum topic

Project Runway

How can we encourage the show to include knitted items?

rbthntschl's picture

Don't you want to take me on a sea cruise?

My LYS's have organized a 4 day cruise out of Miami, complete with classes in knitting and crocheting.  I would love to go but I would need a roommate.  Details are here:  http://www.tropicalyarns.com/index.cfm?PID=1&ArticleID=92.  It's the first weekend of November, 2006.  FYI, I live near Fort Lauderdale's airport and should have no trouble meeting a flight if it came to that.  I can answer any specific questions as they arise.

Bob in Fort Lauderdale, Where the boys are...but they don't knit...poor things

rbthntschl's picture

Men who Knit.com Convention???

Mike in Tampa aka stickywarp actually gave me this idea.  What do you guys think about having a convention or gathering somewhere like, I don't know, maybe, Florida...in February?  I have an acquaintance at a convention-type hotel in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area who could help to set it up.  My questions for you all are:  How much would you be willing to spend in terms of time and money?  What kind of program(s) would you like to see? Classes? Yarn crawls?  Vendors?  Should we bow?  Should we curtsy?  Should we give them Tiparillos?   (OOPS.  Wrong room.)  Let me know what you think please.

n/a