Archive - Jul 12, 2006 - Forum topic

ronhuber's picture

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Tomten Jacket

For most of the year I live in Mexico.  I do, however, have a place in Canada and that is where my copy of "Knitting Workshop" by EZ is and I am not.  Here in Mexico I have the pattern for the Tomten in both "Knitting Without Tears" and "Opinionated Knitter" .  They give directions for the jacket but only for one size.  In Workshop she gives directions for making the jacket in any size as long as it is a multiple of 8.  The only thing I can't remember is how many stitches do I increase at the centre back of the hood.  If you have a co

Jeff1201PA's picture

Correcting twisted purl stitches

OK.  I'm getting much better at this knitting thing and I'm getting pickier about leaving mistakes behind.  This being the case, I've gotten pretty good at knitting backwards (or TINKing, as I've heard it called).  Unfortunately, the stitches occasionally get twisted in doing so.

I've learned that I can fix a twisted knit stitch by knitting into the back of the stitch, but when a purl stitch is twisted, the only thing I know to do to fix it is to slip the stitch and slip it back untwisted.  This is fine when there's only a few stitches, but is a real pain when there's a whole row of twisted stitches to fix.  Is there a similar technique to fix a twisted purl stitch in one fell swoop?