Archive - Oct 29, 2006 - Forum topic

Date
Type

Bill's picture

Curling & Braids

speaking of knitting curling...the new Vogue Knitting magazine has a beautiful scarf on it's cover...(with instructions inside)
...because of the curling strips...I thought they were tubes, but they're six strips...started as a single section of garter stitch, then divided and knitted in individual strips ninety inches long, braided then joined again.

ronhuber's picture

saxon braid

Just finished a sweater with a saxon braid running up the front. It was knit in a worsted weight - Briggs and Little wool from New Brunswick - and seemed to fly off the needles.

Hi!

Howdy I just joined this site. Started knitting about two weeks ago. Taking a project knitting class or two at the LYS. The people are fantastic. Finished my first scarf. Basic knit stitch. Now I am working on a second scarf in the stockinette stitch and its curling. I have about 13 inches on it so far and am thinking that I can crochet a border around it when I am finished........any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to start a big warm wool blanket and of course, a sweater and also a Jeep cover(joke)...........Thanks!