Archive - Oct 18, 2006 - Forum topic

Date

Debbie Stoller Requests Submissions

I received an email from the Stitch 'n Bitch mailing list that Debbie Stoller is in the process of writing a Stitch 'n Bitch of Men's and Boy's Patterns. She is looking for pattern submissions. Here is the content of the email for those who are interested.

Hey everyone-

I'm working on another book, and this one's going to be full of knit and crochet projects for men (and boys). I've already got a bunch of fab stuff together, but I still need a few more submissions. I'm looking for socks, gloves, hats, scarves, sweaters, bags, and anything else you can think of. If you've got something you'd like to contribute, please send an email to stitchnbitch@bust.com by November 3rd (or before) You may send photos of completed items, or sketches of items you're proposing along with a photo of a (large) swatch knit or crocheted in the manner that you'd like to do the project. YOu don't have to try and get an entire sweater done by November 3rd, so don't sweat it. If I am able to include your project, you will be paid for your pattern and provided with all the yarn you need to work up a sample for the book.

I'm looking for stuff that men will actually wear or use, so if you're female and you've got an idea, run it past a person of the male persuasion and get their input before sending it off. I want to put an end to the curse of the boyfriend sweater, with a book full of boy-tested, boy-approved projects. Male stitchers are particuarly invited to contribute!