Archive - Jun 2005 - Forum topic

Date
  • All
Type

June 30th

atravelingknitter's picture

cheap yet good yarn

Thought I would give you guys my latest tip! just got a recent shipment from www.Knitpicks.com great sock yarn also thought I would see what there peruvian wool was like at $1.79 a skein, colors are great it is a great yarn to use for felting.  I have been making felted saddle bags as gifts they are large enough to hold magazine or book wallet cell phone small knitting project and they look cool not girly. I use a bone button and icord loop as closure. however right now Knitpicks is offering no shipping if you type socks in their promtional code box.  P. S. their sock yarn is $3.75 a skien thats just over $7.00 for a skien of yarn!!!! happy knitting . Just incase your wondering I have no afliation with this company just a obbsessive knitting who likes to share.  Oh yeah should tell you if anyone ever gets to Seattle there are two shops I just discovered that are really cool.  The first is called Hilltop yarns it is in a charming craftsmen bungalow!!The other is on Bainbridge Island chruch mouse yarn and teas.  This one is a knitters wet dream great yarns teas. Needles, if you love exotic needles look out! Just a 30 minute ferry ride from downtown Seattle walking distance to the ferry dock !!!! anyway have fun

June 28th

venneman's picture

Madison Get Together

Are there enough people in the Madison, Wisconsin area to merit a get-together? I'd love to get to know other knitters in the area. Since anywhere in Southern Wisconsin is accessible, let's talk.