Archive - Apr 2005 - Forum topic

Date
  • All
Type

April 30th

atravelingknitter's picture

Cheep yarn!!

HI just went to the web site www.knitpicks.com great prices I bought two 50g balls of sock yarn for $7.50 that is extermly cheep if you put in the code socks the shipping is free thought you guys might want to know the 100% alpaca woo is 1.79$ (?)a ball great for felted projects. Have fun!! I know I will spend a lot here

April 15th

AussieBen's picture

I need to Get some Yard Spun. Any Idea Where?

i need to get some raw yarn spun in to knittable wool. does anyone know where i can do this in san francisco? I need a man with a wheel... or woman :) Please email me at ben@jobseeker.com

April 9th

KilgoreTrout's picture

Searching for a "Man Bag"pattern

I really want to make a bag for myself, but all the patterns I find are very "girlie" or old lady style.  Of course I love to make cute bags for my girlfriends, but does anyone know of any patterns for more, ehhh, "manly" looking bags?

April 7th

Knitting Wiki?

First off, for those of you who don't know what a wiki is, start off here, and then keep in mind that that site you're reading? It's probably one of the most successful wiki's around. In short, a wiki is a website that's open and editable by anyone (or, at minimum, any member) of the website. Think of it as a giant group blog.

Anyway, in short, what I'm looking for is a wiki that could active as a living repository of all things knitting: Techniques, tips and tricks, stitch patterns, information about materials, different knitting styles, etc, etc. Basically, a free, live, open knitting book that could be edited and contributed to by any member of the site, where we could all deposit the various knitting tidbits we've collected.