well - a while back I joined the yahoo group for the Mystery Stole #2 from Melanie at PinkLemonTwist. (she also wrote the pattern for Leda's Dream that I finished recently - well, my version of it anyway)
As usual I used a different yarn and a different sized needle - so I truncated the pattern by about 150 rows or so. 8 foot long is really sufficient.
since I really can't call the result 'Scheherazade' since it it only BASED on 'Scheherazade', I'm calling it Aladdin's Carpet.
I used US #8 needles (5mm) and jaggerspun heather 2/8 yarn in 'burgandy'. will try for some pictures tonight or tomorrow. Got to get it blocked as it is a wedding gift for Saturday morning. (Not that I work under pressure or cut deadlines close!)