I saw this pattern on a knitting blog and since I love cables I decided to give it a try (here's the link: Utopia Hat). I used some cheapy Wool-Ease Thick & Quick which is my prototyping yarn so I may reknit it again with something a little higher end. The thick & quick was thicker (go figure) than the yarn called for in the pattern so I made some adjustments: started with 72 stitches (vs 96) and did 4 cable cross overs instead of 6. My knitting evolution hasn't followed the typical trajectory since I've tried a few sweaters but this is my first attempt at a hat. I'm really liking the minimal-finishing-instant-gratification of hat projects.