Finished up Boneyard early last week - got unexpectedly busy with the Dalai Lama being in town for the Kalachakra and just now getting around to posting pics. Several things were very pleasing about this project. First, the yarn (Blueridge Yarn's Cotton Candy) was a joy to work with. Haven't worked much with cotton, but this has some give and drapes very nicely, and I love the colorway. Second, this is the second or third project I've done in knitting Portuguese style, so no sore wrist or elbow, and I'm feeling more and more proficient knitting this way. I actually had to learn a new way to increase, and now I have that under my belt. Perhaps the MOST pleasing thing is also the most embarrassing: I finished and cast off, sewed in all the ends, and washed the scarf - only to discover, upon laying it out to dry, that in the first third of the scarf I had dropped a stitch and not even noticed. I have NEVER done that before! Needless to say, I did not want to go back and redo everything. I also know from experience how hard it is to correct - and hide - a mistake like this. But I did! I figured out how to catch the stitch, work it in to hide any hole, and then secure it in the back. When I have some time I'll take pics of the process and post. As I said, it doesn't happen to me very often, but when it does, it's nice to know that you don't have to frog the entire process!
Many thanks to WillyG who guided me through the first days of this project!