As soon as I get this photo posted, I'm casting on for another pair in Trekking XXL, my current favorite sock yarn.
I recently completed this childrens sweater for my nephew Jaxon. It worked great. I'm not sure if his mother will ever put it on him but I'm certain the sizing was good - if not a little big for him right now.
So, I thought, now that I've tackled a small sweater in this lopi pattern then I'll do a nice big one for me. The cardigan in this picture.
I did the cuff at the bottom and the pattern, it worked great, except it's made for a munchkin.
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I've made two sweaters now and both turned out well - this one I really want for me, as I've knit the others for my partner and my nephew. How frustrating! Ommmm...
This is a pic Of a sweater that I made for my little Italian.
My first pair of socks, made two years ago. Pattern was basic sock pattern in Knit It magazine, the yarn was Reggia sock yarn. This is what got me hooked on socks.
Also attached are pictures of the same pattern in purple Sockotta and Spiral Ribbed socks in grey varigated Reggia.
I am looking for information about what MWK members do when finishing a knitted garment Do people block with pins and steam or only steam the loose pieces? Which garments would be blocked/steamed and which would not? How does one make the determination? Do people block to straighten the pieces so they match or to plump-up the stitches to even out the surface of the fabric and even-out the stitches? The literature gives differing opinions on the need for blocking so I'm curious to know the experiences and opinions of others in our little knitting communit
The sock yarn i bought today is called Sockotta, its from plymouth their italian collection. its 45%cotton, 40% superwash wool and 15% nylon. It looks like colored kite string not yarn. Ive hear comments of socks knitting up quickly. Right, its going to take weeks to make a pair of socks. I hope there is enough. I got 414 yards. looks to be enough. the swatch looks great, the colors are wonderful. I hope the socks look as good.
I learned to cast on using the long tail method (needle through loop on left thumb, wrap yarn, lift loop over needle), however I've never cared for the edge it creates on a ribbed piece such as a hat, sock or cuff. I've spent some time trying to learn other methods of casting on but haven't found any good discussion of when to choose which one, and none of my swatches seems clearly superior to the others. Which method do you prefer for a visible ribbed edge that is stretchy but not too loose and has a nice appearance and feel. Or is the secret not in the method of casting on but rather in using a different size needle or in working the first round a certain way?
My addi turbos arrived today, so i started my make socks on two circular needles. It is very interesting working on the leg now. cant wait to try them on and show them. I sure like these addis, the pliable cable for sure. very slick, i drop alot of stitches, they will take some getting use too. ive been using bamboo for so long. although i did like the bamboo i didnt like the cable, it was all coiled up even with steam they didnt relax that much. Any way im using caron simply soft for the socks, Is this the right type of yarn fo
I decided to jump feet-first into the hat knitting-frenzy after being inspired by all the beautiful hats I've seen on MWK recently. Aaron (AMBush) gets the prize for the most prolific hat knitter! I've knitted very few hats but I thought I could use some immediate gratification after the jerseys.
These two hats are from the Patons Book 1213 and is the Aviator Beanie done with Inca wool in the double moss stitch. It knits up very quickly and is very attractive. The wool is beautiful and soft. I'd never done this style of hat so it was a learning experience to make the 2 ear flaps and then join them before knitting the hat itself. I enjoyed these projects.
Made this for a friend to fight the chicago winter. Pattern is from one of the Stitch & Bitch books, but we changed the color scheme and took off the odd pointy bit. Worked it from bottom up instead of top down.