They took away access to menwhoknit at work...have no idea why...not exactly subversive material... So, sadly it became an "out of sight, out of mind thing" But, here I be again!
Don't know if someone had posted this already - a friend from work just found out that I knit and sent me this little blurb.
Well, I finished the second sock over 3 days - but I don't have lots of knitting time, so that worked out pretty well.
They were knit from Red Heart Kids "Bikini" on size 6 dpns.
I got a set of bamboo dpn's from eBay...yes, they are off brand, and yes, they probably aren't all that great....but, they have allowed me to finish about 80% of the first sock for my daughter!!!
So, I thought I would go ahead and try knitting those socks out of my Wool-Ease yarn...HA. I CO'd onto my size 4 dpn's and did k1p1 ribbing for one whole needle before "ding".
I finished my first sock (proof-of-concept) following a step-by-step pattern from the knitting.about.com website. It was a 20 stitch deal on 3 size 8 DPN's, so no one could possibly wear it.
I picked up a few sets of Clover bamboo DPN's with Michael's 50% off coupons. So, I decided tonight to sit down and try them out. After frogging twice, I got something going.
Finished my first pass at a newborn hat for our coming addition to wear home from the hospital. I knitted it flat and then seamed it.
I have some leftover Christmas money (along with accumulated "mad money") and was thinking about investing in some good knitting books. The Knitting With Balls book sounds like it would be good.
Since I have quite a bit of yarn (Bernat Baby Coordinates) left over from my daughter's scarf, I decided to knit a newborn cap for our 2nd child (due March 13th).