I derived this pattern from a "kendel" lace pattern in a late 1800's pattern book.
PDF file attached. The question was asked how would one knit the 'Faux Spanish' as a stole...I answered when the question was asked - but this version is a bit more "elegant" in it's simplicity.
This got written for the KR retreat in November -- and I blame it all on A*n*y*i*; who denies responsibility....but it's her fault anyway...
Ghost Knitters in the Sky
boy - I'm sweating bullets trying to whip the Spanish Armada pattern into shape.
Bound off, blocked, and everything!
For several reasons - I got talked into starting (well having started for me) a Yahoo group. It's been "up" under three hours and already over 30 people have signed up.
But a lot closer now, 3/4rths of the Armada is off the needle.
Spanish Armada is being bound off. It's a slow process because it takes 13 stitches to bind off three stitches - and there are aboyt 670 stitches around.
so close - but close doesn't count!
I am on row 147 of 154 rows - in fact, over half done with row 147...
and I just ran out of yarn from the skein I was using.
or the dis-membered appendages of a Penguin.