Archive - 2009 - Forum topic

July 9th

sveech's picture

help?

i've been working on the antler scarf from the book son of stitch and bitch - and all the frustrations i've had in the past with knitting have come crashing down on my head - again.

June 29th

davidUK's picture

bulging stash

June 22nd

Kenny's picture

Call for Knitters in Texas

I am trying to get a men's knitting group together in Houston TX. I know there are a few on here. Would anyone be interested?

Kenny

knitting with linen

I'm making a sweater out of louet 100% linen and I've learned that Linen knits up with a certain bias, due to the twisting of the yarn. Does anyone have any ideas for correcting this?

June 16th

Nashrunner's picture

Washington DC Yarn Stores, places to go, etc?

I will be visiting Washington DC in late July and looking to get off the beaten path for a few minutes as time permits.

June 9th

Chris Bogardus's picture

Wife Sold Some Hummingbird Feeders!!!

She took 'em to the farmer's market and came back with cash. I bought more string.

June 3rd

inlakesh's picture

blocking silk lace

so i'm finishing up a lace project. i used claudia hand painted yarns 100% silk...... it's so dreamy....... any suggestions on blocking?

May 31st

Any ideas for Circular Lap Blanket?

I made the Hemlock Ring blanket for a Christmas gift. And would like to make 2 more different types of round lace-ish lap blankets.

May 30th

emraldeyz's picture

Knitting Retreat/Craft Show Oct 23rd

I would like to get together with a bunch of other knitters this fall for some fiber fun. The gay campground that is located nearby is having a craft show the weekend of Oct 23rd.

May 28th

Knitting Santa

I apologize for posting this off season, I meant to do it earlier.