Archive - 2008 - Forum topic

September 11th

Jason1978's picture

help needed....urgently, so that means NOW!

I've been set a challenge by a friend yesterday evening, she poored out the contents of her bag, which contained some ghastly wool and angora in awfull colours, and now she expects me to knit somethin

September 10th

Finally Saying Hi :).

Hi guys:

I've been stalking you all via your homepage URLs for the past couple of days.

It has been great fun and you all seem to have great talent for knitting :).

More Picture Handling

Since I did the code; I thought I'd publish it in a forum where it can be found more easily: To use this site to publish more pictures in your comment:

ADD ADDITIONAL PICTURES ...

Jason1978's picture

god i am so active on this site....

By now you guys are probably sick of me, but then again if you are, perhaps you just shouldn't read my blurbs..

September 9th

Jason1978's picture

not knitting but another hobby

This is a project I am working on with my aunt, she actually makes a living out of re-creating old dress-styles, this is the latest one she and I are working on, based on a dress worn in a painting by

Jason1978's picture

scarf

Right...I bought some wool I really loved a few months ago but now that my scarf is almost finished I have to honestly say I don't really like it anymore...as the wool itself is allready pretty garish

September 8th

degobud's picture

SCARVES!

It is starting to get a little colder here in Chicago and I told my Girlfriend I would knit her a scarf. She is pretty excited about it and I want to really impress her with a cool pattern....

davidUK's picture

Chunky Patterns....

Dear All,

I bought some great wool in Scotland which is chunky and goes from thick to thin and bach again so you get quite a nice texture when you knit it (there's prebably a name for it...)

September 7th

Jason1978's picture

sock novice

I am no novice at knitting ive been doing so for little over 17 years now, but, shock horror!, I haven't a clue as to how to knit socks, any handy tips, or perhaps links to a website that explains it

September 6th

Britisher's picture

Decreases in seed stitch - please help

I'm working a seed stitch sleeve in the round from the shoulder to the cuff, which means that I have to decrease stitches every few rows. I've frogged the @*#$% thing three times today because I just can't get the decreases right.