Archive - Feb 7, 2007 - Forum topic

Date
  • All
Type

Celowin's picture

Modified Wallet Pattern

I gave a lot of background in my blog that I won’t repeat here. The upshot of it is that this was my first design project for knitting, and only my second knitting project ever. I’m proud of the way it turned out, but don’t expect anything incredibly elaborate.

The design uses the same yarn and stitch as the wallet in Michael del Vecchio’s “Knitting with Balls” book. Basically every dimension has been changed and I’ve thrown in some new techniques, so I’m willing to call this my own design that is inspired by his.

For experienced knitters, I hope you chime in and tell me what I could have done better. For less experienced knitters, I’ve tried to spell out some of the details that I wish I would have known when I started.

Yarn: Berroco Suede 100% nylon, Shade 3717. 1 ball should be sufficient, but buy a second one to play with.

Suggested needles: US size-7 straight.

Other supplies:
Embroidery floss, “Dark Coffee” shade. (this is a bit too dark, but it was the closest I could find)
Tapestry needle.
Plastic freezer bag, any size.
One-hole punch.

Gauge: 16 stitches and 28 rows is 4”x4” in stockinette stitch. 20 stitches and 32 rows is 4” x4” in linen stitch.

Darrel's picture

Uploading Images

If you guys are having trouble uploading images, make sure that there are no special characters in the file name, i.e. !,@,#,& or spaces, etc. These do not translate well in web browsers.

See this page for tips on filenaming conventions: http://htmlfixit.com/tutes/tutorial_HTML_File_Names.php

Also, be sure to resize your images to something that's under 100k and a reasonable resolution for display on a web page. Large, inline images will distort the page layout.

Attaching an image to a post, rather than trying to make it inline is also more straightforward. When creating a new post, simply expand the "File Attachments" section, browse for your local file, and click Attach.

You can always go back and edit (or delete) a post you've previously written.

Let me know if y'all have questions or describe to me the scenarios that're causing you trouble and I'll do my best to explain them here, for everyone's benefit.

Thanks!

Darrel