Archive - Jan 2, 2007 - Forum topic

Date
Type

gregory's picture

Suggestions for my next project.

Ok all you experts out there I need some suggestions. If you read my initial blog post you will know I have been knitting about 1 week. My first project, a test scarf, is going to be done soon and I would really like to move onto something that I would feel good about giving to someone. My first scarf is a mess. It ranges from 24 to 32 stiches (not on purpose) and the tension is all over the place. I have knitted the whole thing (no purling anywhere). I know that my 2nd project will also not be perfect, but I am hoping I can do something with some character. The important thing to me is that I am able to make fairly good progress on it so I do not get discouraged. I was thinking of two things:

o Another scarf with fancier yarn. perhaps try a 2k, 2p pattern or something like that.
o A hat.

the problem with the hat is I do not know how to knit in the round yet. I would also have to go buy some new needles (which I don't mind doing). Right now I only own a set of #9 plain knitting needles, some end protectors, a crochet hook (size g) and a finishing needle.

Anyway, if any of you have any ideas please let me know. I don't want to take on a project I am not ready for.

--greg.

dwerthe's picture

Llama Yarn

I am new to this site and I have a friend who will be shearing his Llamas in a couple of months and he's giving me the stuff. I need to find someone who can spin it into workable yarn so I can knit he and his lover a couple of scarves. Anyone got an idea of who can do this or teach me how to do it?

Happy New Year everybody,

David