Archive - Oct 20, 2006 - Forum topic

Date
Type

Gabriel's picture

Canadian humor!??!

Ok, I'm married to a canadian so I know the answer to this...however do you think that the creator of this rollers-in-the-hairh hat (found on knitty.com) was smokin a little sompin-sompin when she thought anyone might where it? Just wonderin.....it does reflect their great humor though! s

Darrel's picture

The full scoop

Gentlemen,

What happened was me not getting emails from my domain registrar alerting me of the upcoming renewal date and failure of the auto-payment setup because we recently got new credit cards.

I apologize if the downtime caused anyone to think I have intentions of taking the site down, but rest assured this is simply not the case.

Mike sent me a message Wednesday evening altering me to the site being down around 6:30. I logged on to the domain registrar, re-entered our cc info, and that was it. I replied to Mike's email around midnight, but the hysteria seemed to continue on the the site the next day.

Please recognize that an interruption in your service is also an interruption in mine. I genuinely appreciate the emotion and sentiment expressed because I feel it comes from the sense of community I want this site to inspire.

Paying for the domain name isn't a problem. This site is a project of a business my best friend and I operate, which is linked in the footer of the site.

When you visit sponsor links, order through the ads on the page, or buy a t-shirt, that money goes towards paying for our web hosting and other business expenses so we can keep doing cool stuff and maybe one day quit our day jobs.